The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is a conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people. In Indonesia, TNC has been supporting improved natural resource planning and management for more than 25 years, including working with government, private sector, and local communities. We currently have the following internship (tenaga magang) opportunities:
2 (TWO) GIS INTERNS – FOR JAKARTA & SAMARINDA OFFICE
The Intern will conduct geographic information system (GIS) process in its daily activities and learn basic management data/file and other issues related to environment spatial planning.
In particular, the Intern will:
- Collecting database and spatial data for logging/timber concessions, plantations and other spatial data needed from various data sources;
- Processing and preparing baseline data;
- Processing and preparing spatial data both vector and raster format;
- Support spatial data analysis such as land cover change, preprocessing land cover from satellite imageries (landsat or sentinel);
- Create map and report.
- Conduct field survey if necessary
- Student or graduated bachelor in geographic or other related science.
- Can operate ARCGIS software
- Can operate ENVI or imagery software
- Responsible and have high motivation in work team
Please send your CV and application letter to [email protected], not later than May 26, 2017. Please insert the position title you are interested to apply on the subject line. Visit www.nature.or.id to learn more about The Nature Conservancy Indonesia Program.
Posted by: idabagus wedastra <[email protected]>